Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rain finally!

Never thought I'd be so happy for it to rain on a sunday but damn we needed it.  This whole area has been getting missed by all the other storms lately so its been a desert out there.  I untarped/carpeted everything at the trails and went down this morning (in a downpour of course) and smoothed everything out before throwing the covers back on.  Its always interesting going down to the trails in the middle of a rainstorm and seeing how and where the water runs for drainage, some of the stuff is working, some of it not as much.  The good part about having puddles is scooping them out and saving the water though.

So the clubhouse may be running good again, we also untarped everything at the Back 9 yesterday and I heard Rob and Bubba were headed down in the rain today to dig.  Woo hoo back to dialed trails again, I can feel the fall approaching.  While the trails were too dry to ride I've been having a good time riding the MTB at Foxboro State Forest and gopro'd some of the more fun parts.







It sucks going up some of the hills but the payoff is worth it, although it is easy to get spoiled by a place like highland some of the stuff around here is definatley a good time and a good workout.  There are a couple better and more crazy trails at Foxboro that I'll have to film.

Moving to a different topic I guess National IPA day was Thursday so why not do a post celebrating my favorite type of beer?

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is a classic, and probably my favorite IPA, it even looks cool and leaves a nice lacing on the glass.

Lagunitnas impresses me pretty much no matter what I drink from them, and the Hop Stoopid is no exception with a rating of 102 IBU it might be a little bitter for some, but for someone that loves IPA's this double some hoppy goodness that has smells and tastes of grapefruit.  Mmm hops.


Hoptimus Prime is a nice double again, less bitter.


Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin is much different from the Hop Stoopid, technially not an IPA either but a hopped up wheat beer, the bright hazy look in the glass is awesome, and so is the taste despite the fact that I'm not a big wheat beer fan.


I also like a lot of Sierra Nevada beer and Andrew brought some of the Southern Hemisphere Fresh Hop Ale which I guess isn't technically an IPA but if you like hops this is another good one.  Pretty bitter obviously, but you can taste the hops before the liquid even gets to your mouth.

Speaking of Andrew he's apparently been on a beer and souping up power wheels spree, I'm sure the two have nothing to do with each other.  Check out The Cartoon Shop for more videos and pictures.



This video is kind of cool too, creativity in any sport is always catches my attention and there doesn't seem to be a lot of it in street snowboarding sometimes.



Hoppipolla Headwear presents "ICELAND", a mini-movie featuring Halldor and Eiki Helgason from petterfoshaug.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment