Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Its all relative

Its funny getting into new things and realizing you suck at them and the people doing them are amazing, sometimes so amazing that you can't even wrap your mind around how or why its done.  I get this way with snowboarding and mountain biking, looking at some of the stuff they do I'm just blown away, but then I realize its the same with everything pretty much.  Look at BMX, not much amazes me anymore in the BMX world because I feel like I've seen a lot of it already.  Watching people flow through trails I don't go damn that looks huge how do they do that (usually), but when I see it on other stuff I'm new to it seems rediculous (like snowboarding).  Its all relative to what you do, how long you've done it, and how you view things.  Personally there is no better feeling then when you and whatever you're trying to do just click, everything flows smoothly and you don't even think about it anymore, it just comes naturally.

With that said I still look at a lot of stuff in BMX and go "damn how did they do that?"  And this video is a good example, check the line @ 4:43, now that is a cool line at the trails.



But with that being said I was watching some old Fox east coast tour on On Demand last night, and BF was being interviewed at the trails saying something like "Scotty Cranmer just told me its fun to not do tricks, and I was like yes exactly!"  That is what BMX is all about to me, and what some kids are missing out on now a days trying to fit 4 tailwhips in one air, just having fun on your bike.  I went through phases whereI wanted to learn tricks, but after 10 + years of riding I'm happier now flowing through the woods, skatepark, street, whatever and enjoying the simple pleasure a bike can bring.

Hows that for a deep thought before 10:30 in the morning, Lemonade Rockstar must of inspired me, now if only I could write coherently.

No comments:

Post a Comment