Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Blue Falcon

BF has been good for so long that its amazing. I still remember him kicking ass at those MTV contests way back in the day when he was still racing mostly full time.  And to think that he can still shred as good if not better than then just blows my mind.

Its funny now how every little kid wants to learn tailwhips, or barspins, or whatever is the hot new trick; and I can see it, when I first started riding I wanted to do every dumb grind or whatever.  But as most people progress and learn more bike control they find that riding a bike is just fun, and you don't even have to do all the tricks to have a ton of fun.  And I feel like BF really embraces that, sure he can go out and do the biggest 3 you've ever seen at the trails, but watching stuff like him flowing around the bowl in this video looks like more fun then anything.  Just cruising, flowing, airing a couple things, then a quick skid or tireslide he makes it looks so fun.


Fit - Brian Foster Signature Stem from FITBIKECO. on Vimeo.

I still remember going to Skater's Island (RIP) back in the day, and trying sprocket grind 270's in the bowl for hours.  All of a sudden Mark Choquette comes ripping through the snake run and does an air, tireslide, then tireslides the entire 4 foot spine and I was blown away wishing that someday I would be able to ride and flow like that.  Well it never happened but it sure looks like fun still!

No comments:

Post a Comment