Sunday, April 15, 2012

PA Woods Rant

This article is about kids not riding trails and only riding street/parks.  Pretty interesting but if you look in the comments its not just the US experiencing it.  I know when I started riding what initially got me into it was trails, there were 2 sets within 5 minutes of my house and they were more fun to ride than any "street" (curbs) around.  Not to mention that everyone rode trails back then.

Now I do admit that once I got older I started riding more street and park and even had "quit" trails for a time when I nose cased badly 3 days in a row, but as I got older I began to realize that trails were where its at again, flowing effortlessly through the woods in a quiet setting with your friends, and the work that you put in is what you get out.  Not to mention the creativity involved.  I hope the younger generation today realized this just like I did.  When I look back trails are what got me into riding, and trails are what keeps me into riding.

Edit to add that this looks rad...


on pinkbike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment